Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Kept Thinking, "What If?"

A little background before I begin...
Yesterday I was outside with my little sisters and two guys pulled up in a truck. One hopped out and asked if my mom was here. She came out from the backyard and asked what was going on. The guy explained there was some suspicious activity going on in the neighborhood, so we needed to keep a lookout. Before he started talking about a guy that followed a kid to school that morning, I dropped my bike and went in my house. I didn't need to hear it, and I sure didn't want to. That kind of stuff gets me thinking so I try to push it aside in my thoughts.

So today, I was in my kitchen, about to put my lunch in the microwave when a a small glint of light appeared through the curtains. I opened them and saw a white van a couple streets over in a desert lot where a couple kids from my school would walk home through. All in one second, a thousand thoughts rushed in my head. My paranoia started acting up when I saw a kid start walking towards it. I didn't know what to do so I sped out my front door and stood there dialing 911 just in case, keeping my thumb hovered over the call button.
The kid opened the passenger seat door and the van cruised down the street.
No screaming.
No forcing.
No anything.
After I watched it go off into view I was shaken and felt like crying.
Just what if was a real kidnapping situation.
Would I have just stood there or done something... v_v
#sad

2 comments: